- May 2011 - Talisman acquired additional undeveloped land in the Eagle Ford shale play for a combined total of $145 million. Talisman now holds approximately 83,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford shale play, predominantly in the liquids-rich area of the play.
- 2010 - Fortuna Energy becomes Talisman Energy USA Inc.
- 2010 - Talisman acquired 37,000 net acres and a significant operator position in the liquids rich area of the Eagle Ford shale play in south Texas.
- In December 2010, Talisman entered into a 50/50 joint venture with a subsidiary of Statoil ASA (‘‘Statoil’’) and completed the acquisition of an additional 97,000 net acres of Eagle Ford shale properties in Texas. The net cost to Talisman of this new acreage was US$482 million, after taking into account Statoil’s purchase of 50% of Talisman’s then-existing interest in 37,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford shale play. Talisman now holds approximately 78,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford shale play, predominantly in the liquids rich area of the play.
- 2009 - Fortuna surpasses milestone of 50mmcf/d production of natural gas in Marcellus Shale development and exits 2009 with 65mmcf/d Marcellus Shale production.
- 2008 - Fortuna celebrated the ribbon cutting of its new headquarters building in Airport Corporate Park, Horseheads NY.
- 2008 - Fortuna's first Pennsylvania well, of the Marcellus Shale formation, went on production in Troy, PA.
- 2007 – Fortuna Energy Inc. celebrated its fifth year of operations in the Twin Tiers. In 2007, Fortuna drilled 14 wells and participated in an additional 7, with $125 million spent in total exploration.
- 2006 - Fortuna Energy Inc. started production from the Stoscheck #1 well at 22 mmcf/d and the BJ Hartman #1 well at 12 mmcf/d.
- 2004 – Fortuna’s Reed #1 well tested at 20.3 million cubic feet per day (mmcf/d) and the Hakes #1 well at 17.5 mmcf/d.
- 2004 - Fortuna Energy Inc. acquired all of the Appalachia-based Trenton / Black River assets of Belden & Blake Corporation.
- 2004 - Fortuna Energy Inc. achieved daily production rates in excess of 100 million cubic feet per day (mmcf/d).
- 2003 - Fortuna Energy, Inc. acquired specific New York based Trenton / Black River assets of Pennsylvania General Energy Company, L.L.C.
- 2002 – Fortuna Energy, Inc. was incorporated as a United States corporation in the State of Delaware. Fortuna is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Talisman Energy Inc., of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- 2002 – Fortuna Energy, Inc. acquired specific New York based Trenton / Black River assets of Fairman Drilling Company, East Resources, Inc. and ABARTA Oil & Gas Co., Inc.